Table of Contents
whist - display change history for file or directory
[-AdEHLMOPRTuVwYz] [-CDate] [-jpatternList] [-o/Path] [-r[Rev][:|-][Rev]] [-NWorkspaceName]
[-Wuser[,...]] [-hHost -SSnapshot [-DDir]] name ...
whist displays the
history records for name. If name is a directory, display history for every
item within the directory.
Mapping is consistent across
all workspace commands. See wco(1)
options can be set on most workspace commands. See wco(1)
The workspace mapping is automatically looked up in the user's workspace
mapping table for the given files. Override this by specifying an explicit
- Use the named workspace mapping.
with a temporary workspace mapping with these three options:
the SnapshotCM server on Host for a workspace mapping.
SnapshotPath for a workspace mapping.
- The local destination
directory for a workspace mapping. This can be a relative or absolute path.
If this option is not provided with the other two, the local destination
directory defaults to the current directory where the command is executed.
For more information on workspace mappings, see wmap(1)
Exit status is 0 if all specified
history were successfully retrieved, 1 if a file could not be accessed,
and >1 if there was a bad option or a network error.
list changes which are ancestors of the current revision. Normally all revisions
are displayed. Use this option to avoid displaying changes from unmerged
- Only list changes made on or after the given date.
for supported date formats.
- If file is a directory, operate
on it only, not the names within it. Combine with -R to operate recursively
only on directories.
- Operate only on existing local files. A quick way
to see the history on files you have in your workspace.
- Display only the
history header, not information about individual revisions.
- List only files whose name (or path) matches patternList. PatternList consists
of one or more patterns separated by a '|' (pipe/or) symbol. Each pattern can
contain shell wild cards as follows:
* - match 0 or more characters
? - match any one character
[set] - match any character in set
[!set] - match any character not in set
A pattern not ending in a slash ('/') matches only files. A pattern ending
in a slash matches only directories. A pattern containing a slash other
than at the end is matched against the full workspace path. Otherwise pattern
is matched against the last component of the path. If patternList begins
with an '!' (exclamation/bang) character, the normal selection is negated.
- Operate only on locally locked files. A quick way to display history on
files you are changing.
- Print workspace mapping before normal output.
- Map /Path in the selected snapshot to the specified (-D) local directory,
creating a temporary, partial workspace mapping for the command. Normally,
the root directory of a snapshot is what is mapped.
- Merge changes for
all files and directories into one list, sorted by path.
- List history for the specified revisions. If a ':' or '-' is given, a range
of revisions will be selected. Otherwise, a single revision will be selected.
In a range, the first Rev defaults to the beginning of the history, while
the second defaults to the end of the history. A '-' range includes the lower
Rev, while a ':' range does not. If the lower rev is defaulted, it is always
included. The upper Rev is always included.
Rev can be a number or a relative
or full snapshot path. If a snapshot path is given, the revision of the
item referenced by that snapshot is used.
- Operate recursively on all files
- Merge changes for all files and directories into one
list, sort by date.
- Enable showing history for deleted (recoverable) files
- Print internal version and exit.
- Only list changes made
by the calling user.
- Only list changes made by any of the comma separated
list of users.
- Suppress display of snapshots which reference a revision.
- Reverse sort the revisions.
Table of Contents